Legrand Empowering Scholarship Program 2022-23
Legrand is a global leader in the electrical and digital building infrastructure industries. Legrand, headquartered in Limoges, operates in 90 countries and has a market presence in over 180 countries. Energy distribution, wiring devices, Home Automation, Structured Cabling, UPS, Lighting Management Solutions, Cable Management, and Industrial application products are all available from Legrand.
- Legrand is widening its academic category to Finance and Science graduation program apart from the B.Tech and B.Arch. Courses.
- Scholarship support extended (25% seats) to Differently-abled girl students and Transgender students to promote diversity and inclusion.
- Mentoring support is provided to the selected scholarship beneficiaries by Legrand India. Industrial experts and subject matter experts to build women future leaders (first students mentorship batch launched in 2022).
- Internship assistance short/long term is offered exclusively to the scholarship beneficiaries across Legrand’s PAN India locations.
- Scholarship benefit is given till the end of the course based on the student’s performance
About the Program
Legrand is launching a new edition of the Legrand Scholarship programme called the “Legrand Empowering Scholarship Program” as part of its CSR initiative to provide financial support to deserving female students, with expanded eligibility criteria. Legrand has been continuously empowering girl students to pursue higher education and become future women leaders in the fields of Engineering and Architecture by lighting up millions of Indian homes.
In order to promote diversity and inclusion, Legrand has expanded its Empowering Scholarship Program this year to benefit differently-abled female students and transgender students. To date, 300+ female students have benefited from the Legrand Empowering Scholarship Program. In this new edition, Legrand intends to extend the Legrand Empowering Scholarship benefit to students pursuing degrees in Finance and Science, in addition to engineering and architecture.
Academically promising female students who have chosen to pursue B.Tech/BE/B.Arch./Other graduation (Finance or Science) – BSC/BCOM/BBA/etc. will receive 60% of the annual course fee up to INR 60,000 per year, while students in the special category* will receive 80% of the annual course fee up to INR 1,00,000 per year until the completion of their course based on their academic performance.
*Special category: Differently-abled students/transgender students/students with single parents/students who lost their parents due to COVID.
Until this year, Legrand had been aiming to support students from Architecture and Engineering backgrounds. With this new edition of the Legrand Empowering Scholarship Program, Legrand hopes to broaden the students’ academic categories to other graduation courses.
- Open for girl and transgender students across India only.
- Applicants should be pursuing B.Tech/BE/B.Arch., Other graduation (Finance or Science) – BSc/B.COM/BBA, etc.
- Must have cleared Class 12 in 2021-22.
- Must have secured a minimum of 70% (60% for differently-abled and transgender students) and above marks in class 10 and 12 examinations. Exceptions given to the differently-abled girl students and transgender students.
- Annual family income of the applicant from all sources must be less than INR 5,00,000.
NOTE: Preference will be given to students from the special category.*
- 60% of annual course fees up to INR 60,000 per year till the completion of the course based on the academic performance of girl students.
- 80% of annual course fees up to INR 1,00,000 per year till the completion of the course based on the academic performance is awarded to the special category* students based on the academic performance.
- Job opportunities can also be provided to students from the special category* at the end of their graduation who qualify all basic job requirements for a particular role.
The applicants are required to attach the following documents –
- Photo ID card
- Age proof (Birth Certificate, Aadhaar Card, Passport, Class 10 school leaving certificate)
- Aadhaar Card (if Aadhaar Card is not available, an equivalent document for proof of address)
- Class 10 mark sheet
- Class 12 mark sheet
- Family income certificate or Form 16 of parents/ bank statements of last 6 months
- Passport size photograph
- Disability certificate (if applicable)
- Proof of admission or college/university fee receipt
- Transgender Certificate or Identity Card (If applicable)
How can you apply?
- Click on the link given below.
- Login to Buddy4Study with your registered ID and land on the ‘Application Form Page’.
- If not registered on Buddy4Study – Register at Buddy4Study with your Email/Mobile/Gmail account.
- You will now be redirected to the ‘Legrand Empowering Scholarship Program’ application form page.
- Click on the ‘Start Application’ button to begin the application process.
- Fill in the required details in the online application form.
- Upload relevant documents.
- Accept the ‘Terms and Conditions’ and click on ‘Preview’.
- If all the details filled in by the applicant are correctly showing on the preview screen, click on the ‘Submit’ button to complete the application process.Apply Now
- What is the scholarship award and how it will be disbursed?
- There are two categories of students among which the amount will be disbursed:
- Generic Category: All meritorious and deserving girl students.
- Scholarship award amount- 60% of the course fee up to the limit of 60,000/- (whichever is less) per annum until the completion of the course.
- Special Category:Differently-abled girl students, Transgender students and single parent students, and students who lost their parents due to COVID.
- Scholarship award amount- 80% of the course fee up to the limit of 1,00,000/- (whichever is less) per annum until the completion of the course.
- Each year the eligible scholarship amount will be disbursed to the student’s given Indian account number after submitting the required documents (relevant fee receipts/college bonafide certificate/previous year mark sheet and bank proofs) through Legrand’s implementation partner, Buddy4Study Foundation (As per the payment cycle communicated).