Product Analyst | FactSet | Careers | Job | Alert | Latest Job Update Career Height 2022
FactSet is a strong information system that aggregates hundreds of datasets. Business analysts, portfolio managers, investment bankers / management firms, and other financial professionals can use it to study companies, portfolios, markets, and economies because it is a one-stop shop for financial data and analytics. FactSet, headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut, was founded in 1978 and now employs almost 10,000 people in 64 sites across the world. It has annual revenues of over $1.1 billion.
Our operations are spread across North America, Europe, and the Pacific Rim. The Company has been publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol FDS since 1996, and it is also dual-listed on the NASDAQ under the same symbol. It provides comprehensive financial and economic information to the investment management and banking industries.
The spirit of going above and beyond for our clients and each other unites us. We want to cultivate a globally inclusive culture that allows our employees to be themselves at work and to participate, be heard, contribute, and grow. We are always looking for people with different ideas, backgrounds, and experiences to join our team.
We understand that our best ideas can come from anybody, anywhere, at any time, and that they can assist us in providing the best solutions for our clients all over the world. FactSet is a great place to work because of our inclusive work environment, which maximises our diverse values, engagement, and productivity.
Product Analyst Job Description
The Research Solutions SBU is dedicated to developing the foundation of FactSet’s product offering. We defend and expand our footprint across several key user classes, including investment banking, sell-side research, buy-side research, private equity, portfolio managers, traders, capital markets, investor relations, and media, by combining robust content, intuitive applications, and innovative technology.
This SBU includes our industry-leading RMS suite as well as Core Applications (Office Integration, Universal Screening, Company & Security Analytics, Industry and Markets, Filings, Ownership, Research, News, Charting). The SBU collaborates closely with the Content and Platform Horizontals on FactSet Web, Mobile, and much of FactSet’s content providing strategy.
Product development is essential to what distinguishes FactSet as the best solution for our clients. Since our beginning, our product developers have been in charge of delivering products that provide financial data, analytics, and trading solutions to thousands of financial professionals worldwide. Our team members are enthusiastic about development, innovation, and collaboration.
The Publishing division is responsible for assisting FactSet clients in gaining access to information outside of the FactSet environment, which includes everything from daily portfolio emails to polished pdf reports to API endpoints. These technologies assist FactSet clients in working more efficiently, making smart decisions, and having intelligent conversations.
We are a high-performing team of engineers, product owners, and quality assurance specialists who are enthused about our product vision for assisting our clients in meeting their changing needs in FY21 and beyond. The Product Specialist II will work with several areas at FactSet to evaluate, create, test, and support FactSet’s Publishing products as part of the Product Development team. The role is ideal for a technically savvy applicant who enjoys working with financial data and can interact across several FactSet units.
The Research Product Management team is responsible for inventing the core of FactSet’s product offering. We defend and expand our footprint across several key user classes, including investment banking, sell-side research, buy-side research, private equity, portfolio managers, traders, capital markets, investor relations, and media, by combining robust content, intuitive applications, and innovative technology.
This process includes our industry-leading RMS suite as well as Core Applications (Office Integration, Universal Screening, Company & Security Analytics, Industry and Markets, Filings, Ownership, Research, News & Alerting, Charting). On strategy for FactSet Web, Mobile, and much of FactSet’s content offering, we work closely with the Content and Platform Horizontals.
Product Management is essential to what distinguishes FactSet as the best option for our clients. Since our beginning, our product developers have been in charge of delivering products that provide financial data, analytics, and trading solutions to thousands of financial professionals worldwide. Our team members are enthusiastic about development, innovation, and collaboration.
We are a high-performing product development team that is enthused about our product vision to help our clients fulfil their changing needs in FY22 and beyond. The Senior Product Analyst will work with several areas at FactSet to analyse, test, support, and develop FactSet’s Alerting product suite as part of the Product Management team. The position is ideal for a candidate that has a creative mentality, enjoys working with financial data, and can interact across multiple FactSet units.
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of our users, our products, and our markets through exposure to product support and testing activities
- Create and automate software test plans, cases, and scripts
- Flagging bugs and defects and relaying issues within the development team
- Support applications by answering questions and troubleshooting bugs with some oversight
- Identify recurring issues/requests and make recommendations for feature enhancements
- Communicates product bugs and workarounds in a structured manner, and with impact, to a variety of stakeholders including Product, Content, and Engineering.
- Developing basic product thinking skills. Starts by defining the problems, goals and needs, and then experiments to uncover the best solution
- Escalates issues appropriately to Engineering, Product or Content teams
- Provides regular reporting on testing and support activities
- Insights: Enthusiasm and initiative to solve problems with a combination of analytical skills and creativity
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science/Engineering/Finance (B.Com., B.Sc., BE/B.Tech etc.)
- Preferably a minimum of 0 to 2 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge on Software Development Life Cycle
- Ability to complete daily tasks or projects in a timely and accurate manner
- Articulate communicator, with excellent language skills – both oral and written
- Quick learner: ability to apply skills and past experiences in new situations
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Technical skills: Any Object-Oriented Programming language
- Experience with Microsoft Excel/VBA
- A desire for continuous learning and improvement
Аррly Link is given belоw jоin us fоr Reсent Uрdаte