Manager | The Walt Disney | Finance Manager | Career Opportunity | Job Alert | Latest Jobs 2022
About Commpany | Walt Disney is Hiring
The Walt Disney Company is a prominent diversified multinational family entertainment and media organisation with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer goods, and interactive media.
Walt Disney proudly maintains its heritage of delivering world-class tales and experiences for every member of the family, from humble origins as a cartoon company in the 1920s to its prominent position in the entertainment business today.
Consumers and guests from all around the world enjoy Walt Disney’s tales, characters, and experiences. Our staff and cast members collaborate to produce entertainment experiences that are both widely and regionally valued in more than 40 countries.
Responsibilities | Walt Disney is Hiring
- Finance systems Support
- Support end users and responds to issues (data or process) on SAP and other financial systems; takes appropriate action to resolve issues
- Ensure issues are collected from the Shared Service Centers & APAC region, and recorded & tracked as required
- Ensure all issues are prioritized and addressed accordingly
- Escalate issues as necessary to the IFS Process Leads and/or corporate partners in the US to drive timely resolution
- Work with the Sr. Managers, Financial Systems in APAC and EMEA and with the Process Leads to develop & review SAP Support strategies for the SSC and the APAC region
- Review issue/support trends and identify proactive solutions
- Work with the sites, DFS team members, Disney Enterprise Technology in the US and HCL to resolve issues.
- Process improvement and general IFS projects
- Participate in International or APAC regional projects as required, either as a project participant in major projects, or as a project lead for smaller, local projects.
- Work with the SSC to identify system enhancement requirements and opportunities for process improvement. Work with APAC Process Leads and technical teams to determine technical feasibility and priority / impact.
- When system enhancements are not suitable, assess the use and implement Robotic Process Automation to eliminate repetitive, manual efforts.
- Assist in preparing enhancement documentation as required.
- Perform enhancement testing and participate in major system release testing as required
- Meet regularly with his/her leadership to ensure team objectives are clear & being met, and to ensure consistent approach to SAP and other financial systems support across the regions in scope.
- Meet regularly with the APAC Controller to ensure that the Mumbai SSC Support requirements are understood, prioritized correctly, and delivered as required
- Ensure timely and appropriate communication is maintained with SSC and APAC key user groups in relation to SAP and other financial system issues
- Knowledge Management / Training
- Work with the Finance and Business Process Leads, and other DFS team members to ensure SAP and other financial systems process and approach remains consistent across the regions
- Work with the relevant DFS groups to ensure regular knowledge sharing, and up skilling of the APAC Support Team
- Ensure internal team knowledge is captured and documented
- Work with the Training and Communications Lead to ensure that training approach is consistent across the region
- Facilitate and deliver end user training as required
- Works with the Sr. Managers, APAC Financial Systems and with the Finance and Business Process Leads to set team direction/priorities, setting individual objectives, reviewing progress, realizing objectives, and enabling development.
- Promotes teamwork both internally and externally
- Manages team resources and ensure they are utilized appropriately
- Provides challenging work assignments and development opportunities
- Supports productivity and morale of the team
- Ability to positively confront issues and resolve conflict with sound judgment
- Ability to define a clear vision and motivate others to embrace change
- Plan and develop potential successors
Eligibilities | Walt Disney is Hiring
- Minimum of 5 years work experience with financial or accounting, preferably in a large SAP installation
- Minimum 3 years of staff management experience
- Well-rounded functional knowledge of SAP system in related process areas.
- Experience working for large company and within a matrix organization
- Demonstrated technical proficiency in managing projects of medium scale and implemented change initiatives as a technical expert within a specified product or process area
- Experience in service delivery in a high performing customer service and support organization
- Bachelor’s Degree
- CPA or CMA license, or equivalent
- PMP or other professional project management