Financial Analyst | Advance Auto Parts | Finance Jobs | Job Alert | Latest Jobs 2022
Advance Auto Parts, Inc. is a renowned automobile aftermarket parts supplier that caters to both professional installers and DIY enthusiasts. Advance had 4,727 stores and 234 Worldpac branches throughout the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands as of October 9, 2021. In addition to these sites, the corporation now serves 1,325 independently owned Carquest branded stores in Mexico and the Caribbean islands. www.AdvanceAutoParts.com has more information about Advance, including job opportunities, customer service, and online shopping for parts, accessories, and other products.
- Provide guidelines for standard cost approaches used in business decisions; establish and monitor cost reduction programs.
- Provide root/cause driver analysis to support decision-making by effectively communicating and translating the results into business insights and actions
- Provide direction to functional counterparts in operating units as required, and to operating and senior management on matters involving cost determination problems, or issues such as inventory valuation, distribution of overhead, treatment of joint costs and product pricing.
- Conduct special studies and analyses such as determination of work-in-house or subcontract and cost impact of proposed facilities or processes.
- Identify and investigate issues related to assigned projects by selecting an approach from an accepted body of methodology or recommended alternatives.
- Define assumptions for the quantification and analysis of investments, acquisitions, or divestitures.
- Participate in the development of long-range financial forecasts and related budgets, considering alternative scenarios and economic prospects as appropriate.
- Provide fact-based financial analysis that supports the business case for proposed investment.
- Present verbal and written reports on general economic trends, individual corporations and entire industries.
- Partner with internal customers to implement performance management rhythms.
- Provide external financial information on competitors and the industry.
- Maintain knowledge and stay abreast of developments in the fields of industrial technology, business, finance, and economic theory.
- Strong Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, AS/400 and PeopleSoft skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to work with and apply mathematical concepts to practical situations such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals or technical procedures.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to present information and respond to questions from groups of senior management, department heads, managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Experience working in retail environment preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics/Finance/Business is required, (MBA preferred); and
- 1-3 years of financial and business analysis experience; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience