Executive – Financial Accounting | The Walt Disnep | Career Opportunity | Job Alert | Latest Jobs 2022
The Walt Disnep Company is a prominent diversified multinational family entertainment and media organisation with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer goods, and interactive media.
Walt Disnep proudly maintains its heritage of delivering world-class tales and experiences for every member of the family, from humble origins as a cartoon company in the 1920s to its prominent position in the entertainment business today.
Consumers and guests from all around the world enjoy Walt Disnep’s tales, characters, and experiences. Our staff and cast members collaborate to produce entertainment experiences that are both widely and regionally valued in more than 40 countries.
Finance Executive Job Description
The Retail & D2C Analyst will support Direct to Consumer sales to cash platforms, including Retail and eCommerce banking, sales audit, loss prevention, and related system maintenance, upgrades, or efficiency projects, as well as new business initiatives.
The Analyst will work alongside the Cash & Bank Team in London, monitoring and controlling data interfaces, analysing sales, cash, and bank fee data, and providing robust reporting to the business. Because of the role’s complexity, large volume of data, various data flows and formats, and reliance on supporting third parties, it is critical for the Analyst to understand eCommerce platforms, merchant services, and advanced knowledge of systems and interfaces.
- Role Overview
- Complete daily /monthly closing procedures and journal entries for sales audit, bank/ credit card fees and chargebacks, and A/R clearings.
- Generate management reports, review and analyse information for loss prevention and business finance stakeholders (Sales Audit Control Reporting) to identify and explain potential loss or variances against business forecast.
- Daily monitor and analyse system data reports to ensure checks in balance between interfacing systems preventing matching and/or reconciliation issues and ensuring data integrity between systems.
- Complete weekly front of house & balance sheet reconciliations for bank and bank charges, A/R, and other relevant balance sheet accounts impacting D2C.
- Assist with the year-end financial audit and testing of SOX controls.
- Work closely with the Cash & Bank Team in London as well as third parties.
- Checking information has been loaded correctly loaded into the reconciliation system. Troubleshooting and, where necessary, co-ordinating with IT/ business analyst/Treasury and external partners to resolve the issue ensuring issues flagged are resolved within 2 business days and escalated to management if issue cannot be resolved timely.
- Analysing matching items and resolving the exceptions, including liaising with the business on missing cash receipts.
- Weekly/Monthly Reporting
- Prepare sales control report for the business – highlighting any risk areas.
- Prepare, review, and post monthly sales and VAT postings.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations for the A/R and bank accounts.
- Prepare monthly turnover statements for the business as required.
- Provide ad-hoc reporting and analysis to the business.
- Work with Line Manager to propose changes to optimise processes.
- Liaise with Payment Acquirers (Worldpay, Amex, PayPal, Adyen, Elavon, etc.) on the information processes.
- Assist in the migration of new LOBs into the reconciliation system, this may include performing UAT testing, reviewing project process flows, and validating process integration recommendations.
- Ensure the necessary steps are taken to incorporate new markets and business strategies.
- Liaising with internal & external auditors as required, and assisting accounting manager with all audit deliverables.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related business field
- Part-Qualified ACCA or CIMA
- Minimum of two (2) years of eCommerce is essential to include knowledge of Treasury, Financial, or Accounting experience is required.
- Possess good business judgement and strong systems and analytical skills.
- Competencies required: organized, accurate, analytical, collaborative, excellent communication skills, process re-engineering, time management.
- Knowledge or experience with Ecommerce.
- Knowledge and working experience with a reconciliation and matching solution; preferably using FiServ – Frontier and Recollector, Blackline, or Trintech type solutions.
- Strong technical accounting knowledge with attention to detail and accuracy and timeliness
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish effective working relationships across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work under pressure and to report to tight deadlines.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot and process re-engineer utilising complex systems and tools.
- Rigorous and attention to detail
- Good understanding of accounting principles
- Analytical skills to understand the underlying systems and to troubleshoot where necessary
- Ability to liaise with internal and external departments to resolve ongoing issues.
- Persistence in pushing through modifications in particular with local teams and banking partners.