Intern | Ernst and Young | EY Career | Internship Alert | Latest Internship in Kochi 2022
From start-ups to Fortune 500 firms, EY is committed to assisting them in overcoming their most difficult obstacles and realizing their greatest objectives, and the work we undertake with them is as diverse as they are.
Interns Job Description
The Risk Management team at EY is critical in managing the firm’s internal risks associated with accepting a new client or an engagement, as well as risks associated with any of our ongoing audit / non audit engagements. The Risk Management team, which was formed in 2007, is rapidly expanding (700+ team members) as a Center of Excellence for all standardised quality / compliance related activities that can be efficiently undertaken from the Global Delivery Services location.
The Associate Analyst in the Risk Management Services (RMS) Conflicts team would be expected to gain subject matter expertise in the Risk Management domain. The individual will interpret Risk Management policies, determine required actions, and make recommendations based on firm guidance, with a primary focus on conflict of interest mitigation. Other responsibilities include analysing issues and producing deliverables with the utmost care, as the work product is subject to review and scrutiny by external regulators.
- Develops comprehensive knowledge of EY Global / local conflict policies and is able to apply them to real situations as needed
- Assist in the identification of potential conflicts of interest through database research on client and counterparties involved in the new proposal
- Assist Supervisor/Manager in preparing the resolution and clearance of conflicts of interest issues
- Become proficient in understanding and using EY proprietary conflicts of interest databases; including, maintenance and update
- Facilitates and drives the process to completion by following up on requests from Risk Management Consultants and assisting the client serving team
- Understands key requirements of firm and regulators’ Risk Management rules and policies
- Performs initial review of submissions from client teams and evaluates completeness, accuracy and appropriateness of proposed transaction/requests
- Acts as a liaison between the client teams, other members of the Risk Management team
- Manages tasks and activities in a timely manner and is responsible for specific outcomes
- Uses analytical and project management methodology and tools
- Learn the firm structure, business strategies and service lines of the firm
- Builds a network of people within Risk Management and across the firm
- Good analytical thinking / ability to take decisions
- Good analytical skills with a logical mind-set
- Strong data interpretations skills to analyze and document relevant findings
- Highest standard of ethics, integrity, and values
- Self-directed, adaptable to changes in the work environment/rules/directions
- Must be flexible to work extra hours during peak volume period
- Must be flexible to work on Public Holiday’s.
- Post Graduate degree from a reputed college
- 0 – 1 year work experience (preferably in a research background). Fresher’s may be considered
- Strong interpersonal and excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must have good working knowledge of MS office