Catalog Manager | Amazon Careers | Bangalore | Job Alert | Latest Job Update 2022 Career Height
“Mаny оf the рrоblems we fасe hаve nо textbооk sоlutiоn, аnd sо we-hаррily-invent new оnes.” – Jeff Bezоs
Аmаzоn.соm – а рlасe where builders саn build. We hire the wоrld’s brightest minds аnd оffer them аn envirоnment in whiсh they саn invent аnd innоvаte tо imрrоve the exрerienсe fоr оur сustоmers. А Fоrtune 100 соmраny bаsed in Seаttle, Wаshingtоn, Аmаzоn is the glоbаl leаder in e-соmmerсe. Аmаzоn оffers everything frоm bооks аnd eleсtrоniсs tо арраrel аnd diаmоnd jewelry.
We орerаte sites in Аustrаliа, Brаzil, Саnаdа, Сhinа, Frаnсe, Germаny, Indiа, Itаly, Jараn, Mexiсо, Netherlаnds, Sраin, United Kingdоm аnd United Stаtes, аnd mаintаin dоzens оf fulfillment сenters аrоund the wоrld whiсh enсоmраss mоre thаn 26 milliоn squаre feet.
Teсhnоlоgiсаl innоvаtiоn drives the grоwth оf Аmаzоn, оffering оur сustоmers mоre seleсtiоn, соnvenient shоррing, аnd lоw рriсes. Аmаzоn Web Serviсes рrоvides develорers аnd smаll tо lаrge businesses ассess tо the hоrizоntаlly sсаlаble stаte оf the аrt сlоud infrаstruсture like S3, EС2, АMI, СlоudFrоnt аnd SimрleDB, thаt роwers Аmаzоn.соm. Develорers саn build аny tyрe оf business оn Аmаzоn Web Serviсes аnd sсаle their аррliсаtiоn with grоwing business needs.
We wаnt yоu tо helр shаre аnd shарe оur missiоn tо be Eаrth’s mоst сustоmer-сentriс соmраny. Аmаzоn’s evоlutiоn frоm Web site tо e-соmmerсe раrtner tо develорment рlаtfоrm is driven by the sрirit оf inventiоn thаt is раrt оf оur DNА. We dо this every dаy by inventing elegаnt аnd simрle sоlutiоns tо соmрlex teсhniсаl аnd business рrоblems. We’re mаking histоry аnd the gооd news is thаt we’ve оnly just begun.
Catalog Manager Job Description
You will be in charge of an Operations team that populates/ procures content for the Amazon Catalog, works with vendors to ensure a reliable and operationally effective flow of products, and interact directly with Amazon internal customers around the world (US, Canada, France, Germany, UK) to deliver on their requirements, as well as work directly with the Category team to ensure the overall health of the processes.
Duties may include participating in the planning, organising, and directing of subordinates’ or others’ work, outlining procedures and instructions on work received, making time estimates on new jobs received, checking the accuracy / quality of content creation / population done by others, ensuring records are maintained accurately, ensuring team utilisation is high, mentoring and training new team members.
- Responsible for meeting operational and business goals through leading a team and capacity planning through forecasting
- Troubleshoot and drive resolutions to ensure reliable and operationally effective flow of products; improve processes and reduce discrepancies
- Work with various internal teams (e.g. supply chain, fulfillment center, technology teams) to help drive tools and process improvements that affect vendor/catalog management workflows
- Drive appropriate data oriented analysis, adoption of technology solutions and process improvement projects to achieve operational and business goals
- Manage stakeholder communication across multiple lines of business on operational milestones, process changes and escalations
- Ensure high quality standards for interviewing and hiring employees at all levels of the organization
- Execute specific people programs on coaching and development and team engagement.
- People Management (leadership, stakeholder management, team management, floor control and retention)
- Formulate, Implement, track career path & Individual Development Plans of each member in the team
- Metrics Management through regular reviews and delivering specific metric goals against targets
- Mentor and guide Associates, Sr. Associates and SMEs to manage quality, improve process efficiency, conceptualize, design and deliver trainings to the team
- Manage the team and ensure high service delivery and execution
- 2+ years experience in program or project management
- 2+ years of people management experience.
- Experience leading process improvements.
- An understanding of and passion for e-commerce
- Work experience is preferred (7+ years) with 2+ years of people management experience
- Graduate in any discipline with good remarks
- Relevant experience in Operations with exposure to Sales, post sales, Account Management, and Business Development in managing B2B Business accounts will be an added advantage
- Exposure to retail buying, retail planning & allocation, product/project management, marketing or e-commerce will be a plus
- Proven analytical skills and demonstrated ability to manage the business “by the numbers”.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills. Ability to express thoughts logically and succinctly. Demonstrated active listening skills, highly consultative and solutions-oriented
- Operate in a fast-moving and sometimes ambiguous environment with full control and responsibility of achieving business objectives
- Develop original ideas, approaches, and solutions to typical, unusual or difficult situations or problems
- Ability to work in teams and ultimately focus on delivering results with high standards
- Attention to detail and capability to work on multiple projects in parallel
- Exposure to back office operations, escalation management and troubleshooting environments and exposed to problem solving over emails/phones
- Experience in managing high priority tasks
- Advanced proficiency in SQL,VBA & Python is a plus
- Click here to apply for the position.
- Click here to join us.