Assistant Manager | The Walt Disnep | Category Sourcing Specialist | Career Opportunity | Job Alert | Latest Jobs 2022
About Commpany | Walt Disnep is Hiring
The Walt Disnep Company is a prominent diversified multinational family entertainment and media organisation with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer goods, and interactive media.
Walt Disnep proudly maintains its heritage of delivering world-class tales and experiences for every member of the family, from humble origins as a cartoon company in the 1920s to its prominent position in the entertainment business today.
Consumers and guests from all around the world enjoy Walt Disnep’s tales, characters, and experiences. Our staff and cast members collaborate to produce entertainment experiences that are both widely and regionally valued in more than 40 countries.
Job Description | Walt Disnep is Hiring
- The individual will be part of Disney’s International Sourcing and Procurement division, which is responsible for Procurement activities outside of domestic US.
- The individual will be involved in sourcing initiatives with a specific focus on BMT (Broadcast Media & Technology) category across APAC. This includes Playout, Up-linking, Bandwidth, Post-production, Dubbing, Content delivery network (CDN), Cloud services, Data centers, Broadcast equipment’s and all technology products and services. Individual will be in charge of sourcing for a specific sub-category in BMT with skillsets and expertise to manage all BMT categories across APAC.
- The Sourcing Specialist will be a primary interface with Business Unit operators to fulfil their Procurement needs. This individual will lead efforts to source and procure goods and services to support Company operational requirements. They will manage vendors with a focus on supply base, increasing spend with fewer vendors and optimizing the value to the end user
- The Sourcing Specialist will build and lead cross-functional teams responsible for developing and implementing Sourcing arrangements with preferred suppliers. They will source and negotiate supply relationships for internal clients
Responsibilities | Walt Disnep is Hiring
- The individual will have an extensive procurement background in Broadcast Media Technology categories of spends for APAC.
- Provide rigorous cost and market analysis following models established by Sourcing focusing on total cost of ownership
- Prepare and execute clear, structured negotiations following the Strategic Sourcing process
- Plan and execute activities to ensure prompt placement of orders for materials, supplies, equipment and services as required by LOB
- Ensure compliance with Strategic Sourcing policies and best practices
- Continually assess market conditions and develop procurement strategies that maximize value to the Company
- Meet business’ requirements for service, quality and value at lowest total cost
- Communicate and report to management the status of any critical purchases that could affect planning
- Be aware of market trends and conditions in the BMT and understand how these affect suppliers, cost of goods/services, pricing, and the resulting impact to clients
- Research and implement “best practice” procurement techniques, including supporting technologies related to sourcing commodities
- Participate in professional development activities to keep abreast of current industry best practices and continuously improve professional skills and technical expertise
- Provide support to other territories as needed
- Demonstrate exemplary integrity and ethics in all instances
- Interact with and influence stakeholders at all levels of the business
- Ensure compliance, cost savings and performance measures are established, tracked and achieved
- Build/establish strategic relationships with key suppliers
- Work with finance and business teams to have an annual and long term plans and strategy for the requisite BMT sub-category across APAC
Eligibilities | Walt Disnep is Hiring
- 3 -7 years’ experience with a blue-chip company with a renowned, strong record of procurement, world class procurement department
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of BMT category and experience managing related procurement activity.
- Proven category management experience
- Knowledge / required to work on ERP softwares (e.g. ARIBA, Coupa)
- Strong expertise in using MS Office, Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Business acumen to think on strategies and implementation plan
- Able to handle standalone project with minimum supervision
- Experience operating as an internal business consultant
- Experience in managing a virtual team
- Fluent in English
- Ability to work with multiple APAC countries is must.
- Excellent stakeholder influencing skills
- Advanced analytical skills to support complex financial modeling
- Experience in problem solving and analytical methods is critical
- Strong written and communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to interact with employees at all levels
- Ability/desire to work in a multi-cultural, multi territory environment