Swachhta Fellowship Program 2022 | ONGC | Internship Alert | Latest Internship 2022
The Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC), a Maharatna Public Sector Enterprise and India’s largest oil and gas company, is responsible for oil and gas exploration and production in India and internationally.
The ONGC Foundation Swacchta Fellowship programme offers a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for young leaders from across India to work on one of India’s most pressing issues: “Hygiene and Sanitation.” The fellows will have the opportunity to work in the ‘WASH’ sector. The fellows will assist the organisation in the field and work on issues at the grass-roots level. It is an opportunity for motivated individuals who want to work and contribute to society in the field of sanitation.
As part of its CSR initiative, ONGC built over 39,000 toilets. With the goal of addressing “Water Sanitation and Hygiene” issues, 21,372 IHHLs, community toilets, and school toilets were built in various districts across the country in FY 2017-18 alone. Furthermore, as part of the Swachh Vidyalaya Abhiyaan, ONGC built 7,958 toilets in 5,451 schools across 10 Indian states. Since then, the ONGC Foundation has worked to effect positive social change in the areas of hygiene and healthcare.
The Swacchta fellowship seeks to appoint fellows to undertake the critical work of repairing and rehabilitating dysfunctional toilets built by ONGC with the assistance of the ONGC Foundation. Through this programme, the fellows will gain an understanding of the ground realities relating to existing toilet practises as well as sanitation and hygiene. Fellows will encourage them to use and maintain toilets while instilling behavioural change toward the rudimentary approach of open defecation. They will also hold awareness sessions with various stakeholders, including the school, student community, teachers, villagers, and district and block level administrative authorities, about the importance of sanitation and the health benefits it provides.
The goal of the ONGC Fellowship programme is to develop a cadre of visionary leaders. These leaders would be groomed to assist and impact society. With proper guidance and training from the ONGC Foundation, these fellows will ensure community ownership of the Swachh Bharat Mission toilets and instil positive behaviour change to instil a sense of responsibility among people and public authorities. They will advocate for and educate beneficiaries on the importance of sanitation and hygiene, as well as be a part of the change.
In this regard, 15 fellows will be hired for a 12-month period to assist the ONGC Foundation’s work.
The fellows will identify and monitor 200 Urjak Fellows who will work on the ground conducting surveys, identifying contractors/agencies for school toilet repair, verifying toilet functionality, and conducting IEC sessions and WASH awareness with various stakeholders.
- The fellowship will help to create awareness about the importance of hygiene and sanitation in everyone’s life.
- This program will contribute to the vision of Hon’ble Prime Minister’s Swachh Bharat Mission.
- The fellows will learn about the importance of sanitation and Hygiene.
- Fellows will get a chance to work on the WASH program.
- The fellow will contribute toward behavioural change communication for using school toilets .
- The fellows will get hands-on experience with grassroots challenges and implementation modules which will help them in charting a worthy social work career.
- The Fellows will make a change at the grassroots level.
- Fellows are required to evaluate the need for groundwork, and prove support in research and development for better outcomes of the Swachhta Fellowship Program by the ONGC Foundation
This is a full-time paid position for passionate fellows and interns who care about social causes and want to advance their careers in marketing and design.
- Identifying and hiring right candidate for Urjak Fellowship
- Planning and Monitoring regular progress of Urjak Fellows and providing them with regular feedback.
- End-to-End Management of Survey to be undertaken in various schools across states by Urjak fellows.
- Conducting routine review meetings with the team of Urjak fellows.
- Overseeing the implementation of school surveys at the grassroots level.
- Ensure Behaviour change towards toilet use amongst community members.
- Coordinating and regulating data collection, collation, and analysis.
- Build network and connect with district administration and agencies.
- Provide programmatic and technical support to project teams and partner organizations for strengthening thematic engagements.
- Provide technical assistance to field implementation teams on improving WASH activities that aim to improve the quality of the lives of the community in a sustainable manner through community-centric approaches.
- Collaborate and assist in designing IEC materials and facilitating training programs.
- Opportunities to involve with various projects of ONGC Foundation and to interact with multiple stakeholders
|No. of Vacancies||15|
|Educational-qualification||MBA/MA or Post graduate in Social Sciences (Social Work/Sociology, Development Studies/Rural Development, public health, policies, political sciences)|
|Desirable Proficiency||Experience in using Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word).|
Fluency in English and Hindi, any Regional language.
|Eligibility||Post Graduated in and after 2019 can apply (Full time course)|
|West Bengal||24 Parganas|
|Age||Not more than 28 years as on 1st June|
|Work Experience||0-2 Years|
|Skills||Communication, drafting, Managerial and Leadership|
- Passionate toward bringing social change.
- The candidate must be committed, and thoughtful and should have an in-depth understanding of the community
- Self-Development- The candidate must be actively seeking new ways to grow
- Innovation and Creativity: The candidate should be able to ideate and continuously challenge conventional methods and seek out new ideas and solutions.
- Result Oriented- The candidate should have the ability to understand and work as per the requirement and has a problem-solving attitude
- Networking and Relationships: Good relationship with community and stakeholders to get the right support at the right moment.
- Negotiation Skills: The candidate should possess good negotiation skills to bring out the best solution within given timelines.
- Collaboration: The candidate must be able to work well with people across various verticals and functions to ensure timely support and execution of work
The fellows build themselves while also building the nation by working on a social change problem. They will gain a deep understanding of change leadership as well as a system design thinking process that they can apply to any social problem they wish to solve. The fellowship is intended to assist fellows in developing leadership skills.
- Space to innovate and grow: Fellowship programmes facilitates personal and professional development. For individuals working on some of the most complex problems in society, this provides the space to learn and grow and exposure to new ideas and techniques.
- Personal growth and enhanced status: Catalyst for personal growth (it led to an increase in confidence, knowledge and capacity) and provides participants with opportunities for professional development. The exposure, access to networks, and diversity, helps acquiring new skills and fast-tracks their careers
- Career Development: Professional fellowships exist for the specific purpose of introducing a new generation of professionals to established leaders in their fields. This Fellowships include trainings, mentorships and other networking opportunities to connect fellows with executives, speakers, and mentors, many of whom are fellowship alumni themselves.
- Contribution to issues and Society : Fellows continue to be change agents even after the duration of the fellowship, are seen as thought leaders, stay connected to social justice, contribute to innovation, programs and policies, and continue to give back to their organizations and society at large
- Fellowship terms must be RECEIVED BY 12:00 pm IST on (19th June 2022) on the ONGC scholar portal after the initial review, selected applicants will be invited for an on-site interview.
- Invited applicants will be scheduled for on-site interviews in the month of June
Аррly Link is given belоw jоin us fоr Reсent Uрdаte