Sensodyne IDA Shining Star Scholarship Programme | Scholarship Alert | Latest Scholarship 2022
About the Programme
The Sensodyne IDA Shining Star Scholarship Programme is a CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) initiative of HALEON India (formerly GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare) that aims to provide financial assistance to deserving Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) students across India.
This scholarship programme will select 100 deserving students who are in their first year of a BDS programme at a government college or a government-funded college. Each selected student will receive INR 1,05,000 per year for the next four years to help with academic and living expenses associated with their BDS programme.
HALEON India (formerly GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare) is a global leader in the consumer healthcare sector, with millions of consumers trusting its brands. These brands are based on trusted science, innovation, and a deep understanding of people. The company employs over 500 people in India and has market-leading brands such as Sensodyne, Eno, Crocin, Otrivin, Ostocalcium, and iodex.
We are united in our goal of providing better everyday health to humanity. The Sensodyne IDA Shining Star Scholarship Program was created to help students achieve their goals of pursuing professional dental education without financial constraints.
The Indian Dental Association (IDA), as a champion of oral health, believes in assisting bright and deserving students to graduate and excel as dental professionals. IDA supports financially disadvantaged and hardworking students who want to forge a new path for themselves and thus become the face of IDA’s vision of “improving oral health and quality of life.” This scholarship program’s official knowledge partner is IDA.
HALEON India (formerly GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare) has chosen Goodera as its Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) partner for its CSR initiatives. Goodera is a technology platform that makes CSR, volunteering, and sustainability activity transparent, measurable, and engaging.
- Open for students pursuing their first-year Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) programme only from government and government-funded colleges.
- Applicant must have scored a minimum of 60% in their Higher Secondary Education. (NOTE: Successful applicant has to maintain a minimum 60% score in each semester/year to continue availing the benefits for their 4 years course.)
- Annual family income of the applicants should not be more than INR 8,00,000/- from all sources.
- Children or family members of employees of HALEON India (erstwhile GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare), IDA, Goodera & Buddy4Study are not eligible.
- Students from pan-India can apply
- Each successfully selected student will receive INR 1,05,000 per year for 4 years of BDS Course.
- NOTE: The scholarship amount can be utilized only for academic expenses such as tuition fees, hostel fees, food, internet, mobile, laptop, books, stationery, online learning, etc.
- Marksheet of the previous class/semester
- Photo identity proof (Aadhaar Card/voter id card/driving license/PAN card)
- Current year admission proof (fee receipt/admission letter/institution ID card/bonafide certificate)
- Family income proof (Government-issued documents such as tax return, income certificate from local administration, EWS (Economic Weaker Section) certificate)
- Bank account details of the applicant or parent
- Photograph of the applicant
- Note: From the second year onwards, the scholar needs to submit a character certificate from College
How can you apply?
- Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
- Login to Buddy4Study with your registered ID and land onto the ‘Application Form Page’.
- If not registered – Register at Buddy4Study with your Email/Mobile Number/Gmail account.
- You will now be redirected to the ‘Sensodyne IDA Shining Star Scholarship Programme’ application form page.
- Click on the ‘Start Application’ button to begin the application process.
- Fill in the required details in the online application form.
- Upload relevant documents.
- Accept the ‘Terms and Conditions’ and click on ‘Preview’.
- If all the details filled in by the applicant are correctly showing on the preview screen, click on the ‘Submit’ button to complete the application process.