Senior Software Engineer | Shell Careers | Job Alert | Latest Job Update 2022
Shell has been operating in India for almost 80 years. Shell India invests in its people through industry-leading development programmes that help our employees succeed and connect with specialists on a local and global level. We have already spent more than $1 billion in India’s energy sector, in a socially and environmentally responsible manner. Shell is the only international company with a retail fuel licence in India.
Shell has opened a new IT centre in Bangalore, with ambitions to expand it over the next five years. The IT Hub’s mission is to support the business by focusing on business outcomes and delivering technological solutions that support business agility and profitable growth.
Senior Software Engineer Job Description
This is a newly established business and team that is currently operating as a start-up and rapidly evolving to enable a global business of USD 5+ Billion annual C5 contributions to the bottom line. We are looking for a highly flexible and adaptable individual with a high resilience to ambiguity, uncertainty, and transformational change to solve one of the world’s most pressing problems: meeting Net Zero ambitions across multiple industrial sectors.
The Senior Software Engineer will join our team, which enables operational value for products developed through a unique approach of balancing human-centered and digital design with an Agile technology capability to tackle complex problems in novel ways. With a wide range of potential projects and digital products to manage across the business, you’ll be challenged to think and act differently, with the opportunity to be involved in product operations from start to finish. We are a focused and proactive group of operations engineers seeking candidates who are enthusiastic about development and operations.
We are an essential part of the product journey; we automate, detect anomalies, resolve problems, and ask all the right questions. We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer who can handle complex operations, monitoring, management, and troubleshooting problems. The ideal candidate will be eager to learn and master technologies for large-scale, distributed, and scalable product development on public, private, and hybrid clouds. You will collaborate closely with product developers and site-reliability teams, as well as other integrated Shell groups.
- Ensure the performance, responsiveness, and availability of applications
- Proactively identify issues, troubleshoot, and escalate issues in real-time interacting with end-users and internal subject matter experts to minimize any business/value impact to the organization
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Communicate with other teams and individuals to perform operational tasks for the applications
- Operate and manage mission critical systems with scale, availability, and resiliency in mind.
- Help product development deliver new features to production with a high degree of quality and availability.
- Perform deep analysis of incidents and identify the root cause of any issue.
- Participate in on-call rotations and be available for issue resolution activities.
- Coach and mentor other Software Engineers in the team
- Experience with backend technologies such as NodeJS (Typescript), GoLang and GraphQL
- Experience with frontend technologies such as React and Swift
- Experience with database technologies such as PostgreSQL, CosmosDB and MSSQL
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and Microsoft Azure/AWS, GitHub, Terrafrom, Jenkins, CircleCI, SonarQubem EFK Stack
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, coding, testing, and automation skills
- Passion for performance, accessibility, and reliability improvements
- Familiar with DevOps, Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment
- A solid background in Computer Science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, and deftness at object-oriented design and systems architecture.
- 10 to 15 years of experience of corporate IT Operations experience
- Minimum Education or Certification: 4-year Degree related to IT
- Self-starter with good analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in IT applications support, ITIL processes and IT services management.
- Ability to deal with conflict and ambiguity effectively
- A good understanding of large-scale distributed systems in practice, including multi-tier architectures, application security, monitoring, and storage systems
- Proven record of delivering against stretch targets
- Strong stakeholder, interpersonal, communication, and negotiation skills
- Proven ability to deliver results in a matrix organization driving delivery excellence through influence and team working
- Ability to operate in a virtual cross-cultural organization
- Ability to take periodic calls outside of working hours to facilitate working in a global environment
Аррly Link is given belоw jоin us fоr Reсent Uрdаte
- Click here to apply for the position.
- Click here to join us.
- Click Here to view Stories