Principal Engineer | NatWest Career | Job | Alert | Latest Jobs Update Career Height 2022
Natwest is a company that recognises that when our customers and employees succeed, so do our communities and our economy. Natwest looking at how we can generate change for our communities in enterprise, learning, and climate as part of our mission.
Natwest prioritise enterprise as a force of change as one of the major backers of UK business. Natwest concentrates on the people and groups who have traditionally faced the most significant barriers to entrance and figuring out how to overcome them.
In an ever-changing and increasingly digital world, learning is also critical to our company’s continuing success. Our workers thrive as a result of our dynamic and forward-thinking learning culture, and our clients benefit from the tools we provide to help them increase their financial aptitude and confidence.
Climate change is one of the most significant challenges humanity will face in the future. That’s why it’s at the very heart of our mission. We intend to finance and promote climate solutions, completely integrate climate into our culture and decision-making, and become climate positive by 2025.
We’re dedicated to leveraging our mission to break down barriers, inspire change, and ultimately make the workplace a better place to work.
Principal Engineer Jobs Description
- This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to work in a collaborative, agile and forward thinking team environment
- With your software development background, you’ll be delivering software components to enable the delivery of platforms, applications and services for the bank
- As well as developing your technical talents, you’ll have the opportunity to build project and leadership skills which will open up a range of exciting career options
- Designing and developing high performance and high availability applications, using proven frameworks and technologies
- Making sure that the bank’s systems follow excellent architectural and engineering principles, and are fit for purpose
- Monitoring the technical progress against plans while safeguarding functionality, scalability and performance, and providing progress updates to stakeholders
- Designing and developing reusable libraries and APIs for use across the bank
- Writing unit and integration tests within automated test environments to ensure code quality
You’ll come with a background in software engineering, software or database design and architecture, as well as significant experience developing software within an SOA or microservices paradigm.Along with development experience in one or more programming languages, you’ll bring an excellent understanding of implementing programming best practice, especially around scalability, availability and performance
- Experience of leading software development teams, introducing and executing technical strategies
- Knowledge of using industry recognised frameworks and development tooling
- Experience of test-driven development and using automated test frameworks, mocking and stubbing and unit testing tools
- A background in designing or implementing APIs
- Experience of supporting, modifying and maintaining systems and code developed by teams other than your own