Network Engineer | Google Careers | 2022 Graduate Jobs | Job Alert | Latest Jobs 2022
Eric Schmidt Susan Wojcicki Marissa Mayer Sergey Brin Google, in full Google LLC formerly GoogleInc. (1998 – 2017), American hunt machine company, innovated in 1998 by Sergey Brin and Larry Page, that’s a attachment of the holding company Alphabet Inc. Further than 70 percent of worldwide online hunt requests are handled by Google, placing it at the heart of utmost Internet druggies’ experience. Its headquarters are in Mountain View, California.
Network Engineer Job Description
Google is proud to have a network that serves millions of Internet users worldwide. The Network Engineering team is in charge of keeping the network running consistently and at scale. As a team member, you have a direct influence on the design and feature updates that keep our systems working smoothly. You also assure the safety and efficiency of network operations by monitoring network performance, planning planned maintenance, modifying hardware components, and responding to network connectivity problems.
Google’s complicated network generates a steady stream of issues, necessitating constant innovation with an ever-changing collection of technology. Maintaining network reliability guarantees that our users maintain access to our array of applications, goods, and services.
The Network Engineering team manages and scales Google’s corporate network. As a network engineer, you will manage and support both traditional and software-defined networking (SDN) environments. The Technical Infrastructure team designed the framework that keeps everything our users see online operating.
We make Google’s product portfolio feasible by constructing and managing our data centres and building the next generation of Google platforms. We’re pleased to be our engineers’ engineers, and we enjoy disassembling things so we can rebuild them. We maintain our networks operational, ensuring that our users get the best and quickest experience possible.
Google is, at its core, an engineering enterprise. We seek individuals with a diverse set of technical talents who are eager to tackle some of technology’s most difficult challenges and have an influence on users all around the world. Engineers at Google not only reinvent search, but they also work on scalability and storage solutions, large-scale apps, and totally new platforms for developers all over the world. Google employees are altering the world one technological breakthrough at a time, from Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, social to local.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Participate in rotating on-call or interrupts schedule with other members of the team, including weekends. Support multi-vendor, open flow SDN-based IPv4/v6 network, including both wired and wireless connectivity.
- Identify, define, and update operational requirements to adopt technology into operations in collaboration with Engineering, Architecture, and Developers.
- Identify network operational and implementation issues and determine/recommend appropriate solutions in partnership with Engineering, Operations, Deployment, and Developers.
- Create, maintain, and review operational and deployment best practices across teams.
- Drive efficiencies through automation and perform code reviews
- Master’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with operating enterprise class routers and switches.
- Experience with network hardware (routers, switches) architectures, including backplane and ASIC functionality and distributed architectures.
- Experience with Python or other scripting language.
- Knowledge of networking and application protocols like Ethernet, Wi-Fi, TCP/IP, and HTTP.
- Familiarity with concepts of OpenFlow and software defined networking