Junior Associate | McKinsey and Company | Job Alert | Latest Job 2022 | Career Height
There was a time when economic growth, sustainability, and inclusion were seen as trade-offs, but leaders today need to achieve all three. This new paradigm of growth will be more sustainable, driving innovation while reducing environmental impact. It will also be more inclusive, creating access to opportunities for people worldwide.
This is not an easy task, but our ambition is to help organizations and their leaders make it a reality. We combine bold strategies and transformative technologies to help organizations innovate more sustainably, achieve lasting gains in performance, and build workforces that will thrive for this generation and the next.
Junior Associate Job Description
Junior Associates work in teams and directly with our clients in our offices and practises (e.g., Digital, Marketing & Sales, Operations, etc.) around the world. This job opportunity is also available in Ho Chi Minh City, in addition to these locations.
As a Junior Associate, you will be joining a firm that will challenge you and invest in your professional development. In this role, you will work on the best teams to assist the world’s best organisations – in the private, public, and social sectors – in resolving their most difficult problems. You will also collaborate with a wide range of experts, from data scientists and researchers to software and app developers.
If you want to join a specific practise, please specify it in your office/practice preference (combinations are possible). Visit our careers page to learn more about how we assist our clients and where you fit in.
- You’ll work in teams of typically 3 – 5 consultants, playing an active role in all aspects of client engagement.
- This includes gathering and analyzing information, formulating and testing hypotheses, and developing and communicating recommendations.
- You’ll also have the opportunity to present results to client management and implement recommendations in collaboration with client team members.
- Junior Associates receive exceptional training as well as frequent coaching and mentoring from colleagues on their teams.
- This support includes a Partner from your local office or practice assigned to you to help guide your career as well as up to five weeks of formal training in your first few years.
- Additionally, you’ll receive guidance and support from your local office or practice in the selection of client projects, helping you to develop your skills and build your network.
- While all consultants develop specialized knowledge and a focused program as they progress with McKinsey, most are initially very broad in their focus, meaning they do not need specific industry or functional expertise to be successful.
- For consultants who join McKinsey as experienced professionals, this can mean building on previous knowledge or developing unique experience in an area that is completely new.
- University degree and excellent academic record required
- Outstanding records of academic and managerial or professional achievement
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Strong record of leadership in an academic, professional, or extracurricular setting
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing – in English and the local office language(s)
- Willingness to travel