Internship opportunity for Law, Management, Engineering, Economics, Finance, Computer and Library Management in Department of Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT)
About Department of Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade
Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce & Industry has introduced internship scheme for the students pursuing Under Graduate/Post Graduate degree or are Research Scholars enrolled in recognized University/Institution within India or abroad.
The objective behind the internship scheme is to give exposure to the students to understand the working culture of Govt. of India and to apprehend the schemes being run by this Department. The Internship Scheme will remain open throughout the year and applicants can choose a period of their choice ranging from- one month / two months / three months as per their requirements. The applications will be accepted through online mode only.
- Library Management
Note:-Candidates from other domains can also be considered based on requirements on case to case basis
The duration of the internship shall be minimum 1 month and maximum months.
Number of Interns
- All the applications received through online mode in the Department will be compiled at one place in the Establishment Division.
- Sections/divisions will send their requirement of “Interns” to Establishment Division with the approval of concerned Bureau Head.
- On receipt of a request from Division/Section for intern/s belonging to a particular discipline, the details of the available applications of that discipline will be provided to the concerned Division.
- The Bureau Head will select intern(s) based on their requirement and inform the same to Estt. G Section. Thereafter, Estt. G Section will obtain approval of DS(Estt) and send the offer letter to selected Interns.
- Processing of payment towards stipend amount will be initiated by Estt. G Section after completion of internship period. A certificate on the effect that assigned work has been successfully completed by intern is required to be submitted by the interns concerned. The said certificate will be issued by section concerned in which interns worked.
- The concerned Divisional Head shall be responsible for ensuring that the work programme and output mutually agreed upon with the Intern is satisfactorily completed. Interns shall be required to submit a brief report/paper at the end of their assignment to the concerned Divisional Head about their learning experience.
- The attendance record and the details of work supervision shall be maintained by the concerned Division/Section
- The conduct of the interns and their access to data shall be sole responsibility of the concerned Divisional Head.