Counsel Music | Netflix | Career Opportunities | Job Alert | Latest Jobs 2021
We want to amuse the entire globe at Netflix. We provide you with access to the best-in-class TV shows, movies, and documentaries, regardless of your taste or where you live. In one simple subscription, our members have complete choice over what they want to watch, when they want to watch it, and with no advertising. Because great tales can come from anywhere and be adored everywhere, we’re streaming in over 30 languages and 190 countries. We’re the world’s biggest entertainment lovers, and we’re always eager to assist you in finding your next favourite tale.
Our rapidly expanding global Music Business & Legal Affairs Group is looking for a new member to join the team: a Music Counsel who shares our enthusiasm for music, the entertainment business, and outstanding content. Someone who seeks out and flourishes in a culture that values freedom and responsibility while also encouraging enthusiasm, innovation, and curiosity. No task is too minor or impossible for this lovely and selfless colleague. This could be the job for you if you enjoyed the series and the music in Sacred Games or Mismatched.
The Music Business & Legal Affairs Group is a global organisation with members in Netflix offices all over the world. It is responsible for all of Netflix’s global music business affairs, legal affairs, and strategy, from the creation and licencing of original content to the global distribution of the Netflix service. This position will be based in Netflix’s Mumbai office and will be part of the Music Business & Legal Affairs Group. The Manager, Music Business & Legal Affairs, India will oversee the position.
This interesting and unusual position will focus on providing music business, legal, and strategic support for Netflix content development and licencing in India. The position will have a wide range of responsibilities and unique insight into numerous parts of our business, as well as the ability to collaborate with a variety of internal and external partners.
- During production, responsibilities include handling all music business and legal affairs, as well as all music clearance and licencing issues. This includes assisting our external production partners with music deal negotiations (e.g., composer, artist, and songwriter deals, music producer deals, music clearances and licencing deals, worldwide public domain assessments, record company and music publishing waivers), as well as handling some music deals in-house.
- This position will also provide music business and legal support and guidance to internal teams, including negotiating and drafting music terms in production services agreements, content licences, and other rights acquisition deals, providing guidance on the creation and delivery of cue sheets and song credits, providing music guidance to other teams such as the Content Business/Legal Affairs team, Music Creative/Production and Production teams, and Content teams, and building out a music library. While this role is studio and production-facing, the role will also work closely with other teams within the Music Group such as the Marketing Music team, the Cue Sheets team, and the CMO team (the CMO team focuses on the distribution side of the business and is responsible for Netflix’s deals with collective management organisations and related organisations (“CMOs”).
- As Counsel, Music your experience enables you to handle any music situation or issue that may be encountered on a production. You are not flustered by the last minute surprises that inevitably arise when shooting a series, film or documentary. You are able to calmly navigate those situations to arrive at the best solution for the production and for Netflix. You understand the dynamics among showrunners, executive producers, creative, line producers, producers, finance, production, post production, credits, labor, marketing, publicity, content localization, business affairs and legal affairs and know when and how to engage and align the appropriate teams when a music issue arises.
- You also have a deep understanding of the music industry and the dynamics among recording artists, songwriters, record companies, music publishers, music producers, and CMOs. You are not afraid to use reality-based decision-making and are comfortable evaluating risk with imperfect information and have the confidence to make quick decisions. You embrace innovation and consistently seek efficiencies and simplicity in deals and in production workflow. You may produce locally but you think globally.
- The ideal candidate will have PQE (Post Qualified Experience) of 4 to 6 years preferably in the Media & Entertainment industry or from a law firm, which specializes in Media & Entertainment practice.
- Experience providing in-house music support in a television, documentary or film production company and/or network is highly preferred
- Experience in the music market for the production of series, film or documentaries, including direct, hands-on experience in structuring, negotiating and drafting composer, performer and featured artist agreements, master use and synchronization license agreements, music producer agreements, songwriter agreements, record company and music publishing waiver agreements;
- Thorough understanding of the music nuances in producing locally vs producing for global distribution
- In-depth knowledge of music copyright and the series/film production process – from development, budgeting, pre-production, production and post production to music clearance/licensing to composer engagement/recording through to delivery, cue sheets, marketing and launch;
- Practical knowledge of the music and entertainment industries in India, including the role of CMOs such as IPRS, and active relationships with music agents, lawyers, managers, music publishers and record companies.
- Understanding of the evolving theatrical, VOD and TV Landscapes
- Fluency (written and spoken) in English
- Exceptional drafting and project management skills
- Clear, concise and effective communication skills
- Highly-collaborative and flexible with the ability to respond positively, innovate and adapt to change and new ideas
- Experience managing heavy workflow independently.
- Demonstrated curiosity about how different backgrounds and cultures affect us at work, and a commitment to acknowledge and work past implicit biases that we all have
- Unparalleled organizational skills and an unwavering attention to detail
- Strong analytical capabilities and judgment, even when the rules are unclear and the issues are of first impression
- Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment
- Resourceful and able to pivot quickly, think practically and be solution-oriented
- Curiosity and eagerness to tackle additional projects as needed, including matters outside of your area of expertise
- Tech-savvy, with a strong sense of how cloud-based document and database systems are used in a modern business environment
- A sense of humour!
Аррly Link is given belоw jоin us fоr Reсent Uрdаte