Jobs in BCG | Global Finance & Accounting | Boston Consulting Group | Careers opportunities | Latest Jobs 2021
Boston Consulting Group is a multinational consulting firm that works with corporate and societal leaders to address their most pressing challenges and seize their most promising possibilities. Our success is dependent on a culture of deep cooperation and a worldwide community of varied individuals committed to improving the world and each other every day.
Roles and Responsibilities | Boston Consulting Group
- Understanding of accounting concepts in conjunction with knowledge of financial systems, data flow, chart of accounts, consolidation, system hierarchies & mappings.
- Assist with monthly accounting transactions, including accurate recording and review of expenses, time sheet transfers & corrections for employees, re-classes and chargebacks.
- Prepare month-end accruals and journal entries for costs, revenue, allocations, and other financial activities.
- Owning project re-class/chargeback process, with timely processing and updating requestors.
- Managing finance system setups, maintenance and review i.e. project code & employee setup and maintenance, miscellaneous invoicing etc. .
- Reconciliation of non-financial metric like headcount, approvers in expenses mgmt. system etc. to ensure accurate booking & reporting.
- Ensure that all assigned balance sheet accounts are reconciled, balanced, and maintained in accordance with company procedures.
- Coordinate and liaise with global and local office finance teams on all transactions related to Global Services and WWI offices.
- Own month end/year end close reports, ensuring they are complete, accurate and timely.
- Utilize Oracle reports and Business Objects queries to obtain required data to address questions and/or research issues.
- Work with IT/finance system’s team to investigate and resolve month end related system issues and reconciling difference while performing system reconciliations.
- Support on developing appropriate accounting procedures and process documentation to ensure smooth month/annual close process.
- Ensure strong internal controls by maintaining backups/schedules supporting accounting transactions.
- Work closely with senior accountants, leads and Finance managers to conduct holistic review of accounting operations, identify opportunities for improvement and implement recommendations
Skills | Boston Consulting Group
Technical and functional expertise
- Sound accounting background and analytical skills, ability to navigate details, willingness to look at data in different ways and draw conclusions based on findings
- Problem solving mindset and ability to frame issues at conceptual level and resolve issues/problems
- Good hands on experience with excel – ability to design, enhance, and maintain spreadsheets and databases
Strong accuracy and rigorous attention to detail
- Ability to synthesize data and consistent attention to detail
- Demonstrates sound judgment, high level of initiative and resourcefulness
- Comfort with multi-tasking and prioritizing within a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Comfort with ambiguity and willingness to embrace an iterative process
- Flexibility, comfort and desire to dig in and work through the details
Strong Communication, interpersonal and teaming skills
- Understands value of an iterative process
- Ability to work effectively in team environment and independently
- Good judgment, strong interpersonal skills and a collaborative style
- Ability to perform effectively under pressure and changing situations with tact, poise and patience
- Demonstrates strong communication skills: oral, written and active listening
Work, management, organization and planning
- Flexibility to multi-task on different projects in a fast-paced organization
- Proven ability to plan work effectively and prioritize work even in stressful situations
- Reliable and timely
- Versatility and openness towards new ideas and change
Customer and business focus
- Demonstrates responsiveness, initiative, and an orientation toward business needs
- Professional and courteous approach and style
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Receptive to feedback and motivated to quickly learn new topics and skills
- High level of initiative and flexibility
Qualifications | Boston Consulting Group
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred, with 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Strong organizational skills, communication skills and orientation to detail.
- Willingness to provide a wide range of financial services from routine tasks to intricate financial management data.
- Proficiency in MS Excel must, advanced excel skills, and/or experience with other analytical tools (such as Alteryx, Tableau etc.) will be an added advantage.
- Systems experience preferred: Hyperion, Oracle (GL, AP, Fixed Assets), Business Objects, MS Access, and other comparable systems
Аррly Link is given belоw jоin us fоr Reсent Uрdаte