Associate Intern | McKinsey and Company | Internship Alert | Latest Internship 2023 | Career Height
There was a time when economic growth, sustainability, and inclusion were seen as trade-offs, but leaders today need to achieve all three. This new paradigm of growth will be more sustainable, driving innovation while reducing environmental impact. It will also be more inclusive, creating access to opportunities for people worldwide.
This is not an easy task, but our ambition is to help organizations and their leaders make it a reality. We combine bold strategies and transformative technologies to help organizations innovate more sustainably, achieve lasting gains in performance, and build workforces that will thrive for this generation and the next.
Associate Intern Job Description
It sounds like you are describing a consulting internship program. During the 8-10 week program, interns will work in teams with professionals from various backgrounds to solve complex business problems for clients in different sectors. They will also have the opportunity to work with experts in data science, research, software, and app design.
- You’ll work in teams of typically 3 – 5 consultants to identify, and oftentimes implement, potential solutions for a specific client problem or challenge.
- Together, you will help clients make lasting improvements to their performance and realize their most important goals.
- Over the course of each project, you will gather and analyze information, formulate and test hypotheses, and develop and communicate recommendations.
- You’ll also present results to client management and implement recommendations in collaboration with client team members. In some cases, you will be asked to travel to your client site.
- When you join McKinsey, you are joining a firm whose culture is distinctive and inclusive.
- We will accelerate your development as a leader to create positive, enduring change in the world.
- Structure ambiguous problems and take action to solve them
- Synthesize clear takeaways from complex information into clear takeaways and recommendations using both qualitative and quantitative methods
- Work effectively with diverse teams to come up with the best solution and move people and organizations to act
- Establish trust-based relationships with clients to better serve their organizations
- Communicate effectively with all audiences, including senior leaders, in a structured manner
- Develop your leadership style, leveraging your own passions, strengths, and personal values
- Bachelor’s degree; Advanced graduate degree in progress (e.g., MBA, PhD, etc.); Academic degree requirements may vary by country
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team and create an inclusive environment with people at all levels of an organization
- Capability to drive an independent workstream in the context of a broader team project
- Comfort with ambiguous, ever-changing situations
- Ability to break down and solve problems through quantitative thinking and analysis
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, in English and local office language(s)