Associate | Ernst and Young | Freshers | EY Career | Job Alert | Latest Job in Noida 2022
From start-ups to Fortune 500 firms, EY is committed to assisting them in overcoming their most difficult obstacles and realizing their greatest objectives, and the work we undertake with them is as diverse as they are.
Associate – Contract Drafting and Abstraction Job Description
The Contract Lifecycle Management (CLM) team assists large MNCs and law firms’ legal and business teams with all types of commercial contracting from start to finish. The Pre-execution arm (or Drafting team) is designed to work as an extension of the in-house legal team, assisting with the contracting process from the time the business requests a contract until it is approved and signed. We review and negotiate transactional contracts in accordance with our client’s organisational policies and guidelines, obtain approval, and sign the contracts.
We provide these services for contracts ranging from bespoke and complex to more standardised or even related administrative work, so complexity or deal value are not an issue for us. Our Post-execution arm (or Abstraction team) assists with transaction contract due diligence through abstraction, summarization, and risk analysis.
This is critical for clients in M&A situations, to gain insight into their risk profile, or simply to ensure better day-to-day business operations. We also collaborate with various client stakeholders and key decision makers to operationalize legal functions for large MNCs through automation and process engineering.
We work with clients in a variety of industries and business lines on direct and indirect procurement, sales, and other ancillary functions.
- Associates are lawyers who understand the basic contractual and legal concepts, and are able to interpret, and review the contracts. They are also expected to have good verbal and written communication skills. Associates typically comprise the first stage of the contract review process.
- Perform first fine review, analyze and abstract a wide range of contracts, e.g. Patent License Agreements, IT Procurement Agreements, Web Hosting Agreements, Confidentiality Agreements, Software and Data License Agreements, Vendor Services Agreements, Master Services Agreements, Statements of Work, Purchase and License Agreements, Sponsor Research Agreements, Inter Institutional Agreements, Supply and Distribution Agreements, Staffing, Consulting and Teaming Agreements, Lease Agreements, Estoppels and SNDAA and other commercial contracts.
- Assist senior team members in negotiating contracts for our clients from various sectors such as Banking, Telecom, Healthcare, Aerospace, Heavy Industries, Manufacturing Companies, Finance Company, Human Resource Solutions and IT Services Industry, Universities, Film Production House, Global Web hosting Company, Power Management Company etc. Accompany seniors to client/customer negotiation calls and prepare call notes.
- Act as a team player while working with a team of lawyers within the organization as well as the clients’ legal representatives and business teams on drafting, negotiation, abstraction, and due diligence projects involving the agreements described above.
- Draft responses to parties’ stand to ensure conformity to client specifications to ensure best representation of client requirements in agreements to be reviewed by seniors.
- Contribute towards the creation of project playbooks and other knowledge tools to successfully meet client expectations.
- Confirm to deadlines on client deliverables without delays and renegotiate deadlines (when necessary) well in advance of the originally scheduled deadline; escalate client issues promptly and appropriately; consistently complete real time client call notes.
- Provide professional, timely, and prompt service and responses to the delivery managers so that they can support the client contact and the sales team.
- Attend and participate actively in mandatory and non- mandatory training and certification courses.
- Good analytical & logical skills
- Knowledge of English/Grammar enabling efficient comprehension of clients’ documents, codes, abstracts and other deliverables
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Must be computer savvy and able to learn and adapt to different contract management platforms and client’s respective processes in order to be able to function smoothly and integrate with the client’s system
- Responsiveness – Sensitive to client deadlines
- Team Player – Ability to co-operate and work as a team member and encourage colleagues, maintains positive attitude, contributing to team morale.
- Bachelors/Master’s degree and Law degree (LLB or LLM) from accredited, reputable institutions
- Attorney with 0-2 years of relevant contract review, redlining, negotiation, abstraction and due diligence experience (preferably in a multinational corporation, in-house legal team or law firm handling similar work)
- Specific experience in CLM technology is attractive, but not essential
Аррly Link is given belоw jоin us fоr Reсent Uрdаte