Assistant Manager | The Walt Disney | Career Opportunity | Job Alert | Latest Jobs 2022
The Walt Disney Company is a prominent diversified multinational family entertainment and media organisation with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer goods, and interactive media.
Walt Disney proudly maintains its heritage of delivering world-class tales and experiences for every member of the family, from humble origins as a cartoon company in the 1920s to its prominent position in the entertainment business today.
Consumers and guests from all around the world enjoy Walt Disnep’s tales, characters, and experiences. Our staff and cast members collaborate to produce entertainment experiences that are both widely and regionally valued in more than 40 countries.
Assistant Manager Job Description
Disney Tax is a fast-paced, dynamic environment comprised of many subgroups that jointly manage The Walt Disney Company and its Subsidiaries’ tax demands. Disney Tax Operations is an important component that gives team members with a variety of chances to develop skills and empower future tax professionals. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to contribute as a change agent in a financial transition. We’re looking for creative team members who thrive on change and discovery.
The Assistant Manager, Tax Provision will work primarily with the non-US tax provision team, reviewing and maintaining income tax accounting workpapers supported by legal entity level calculations, while also guiding and providing technical assistance to local accounting teams on completing quarterly tax provision deliverables. The candidate will also be responsible for forecasting and special projects. Strong communication, interpersonal, project management, and detail-oriented abilities are required for this position. The candidate will have the potential to be a change agent by improving on existing processes.
- Gather information from local accounting teams and analyze information received
- Liaise with information providers in the local accounting teams to ensure timely completion of deliverable
- Provide US GAAP tax accounting trainings and technical guidance to the local accounting teams
- Support quarterly tax provision and monthly forecast calculations
- Prepare consolidation workpaper, account reconciliations, and financial disclosure
- Prepare analytics (cause of change analysis) required for presentation of results to senior management
- Keep abreast of local country business and tax law changes and analyze tax provision impacts
- Document findings and results with supporting facts/assumptions and analyses, including accounting and tax research
- Bachelor’s in Accounting, Tax, Economics or Finance
- 3 to 6 years relevant work experience with a strong understanding of tax accounting processes and tax compliance
- Strong understanding of US GAAP tax accounting and tax compliance
- Strong understanding of tax operating processes
- Ability to identify symptoms and root causes
- Excellent analytical skills and strong understanding of tax technical guidance
- Strong communication skills with ability to frame communications appropriate to audience
- Strong Microsoft Office skills: Microsoft Excel, MS Word, and PowerPoint
- Demonstrate professionalism through a positive and cooperative attitude; ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be comfortable with virtual communications and working with geographically disparate groups.
- Chartered accountant or equivalent
- Working knowledge of SAP
- Familiarity with IFRS
- Experience in non-US jurisdiction tax compliance/provision